Sunday, August 4, 2013

Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Fit for a Pirate!! Ahheey Matey!!

Any hungry pirates out there with a hankering for some grilled pork tenderloin? Well.... you're in luck tonight... Pirates and Pork are IN da' house!! OK, Matey... start with some pork tenderloins! I started with 2 tenderloins and seasoned them up with salt, garlic powder and chipotle seasoning! Then I fired up my grill and got her good and hot. But, before I sailed on out to the grill, I got some tiny-taters ready to join the pork! I'm not sure if the pork was the star, or these taters! They were so good, and you'll want to make them again and again!! Just quarter a bag of yukon gold (I had organic tonight and they were kinda small) potatoes and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and rosemary! Do this now, and thank me later!! Seriously! Pop them into a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes while you babysit the pork tenderloins on the grill. Now, I got my grill good and hot, and decided to sear that pork on all sides (just like I'd do on the stove). But I knew I had to cook it through, and didn't want it to dry out... so... I poured some of my (Baby-Rays) favorite quickie bbq sauce in a bowl with some water to make it soupy and brought it to the grill and kept basting that pork as I turned it! I also turned the burners directly below the pork down to low, but left the others on med-high so the pork wouldn't burn, but cook through in the heat. After about 25 minutes of tending and turning, and watching, and basting (and loving) my pork tenderloins, I inserted a thermometer and they read 140 degrees, and that was perfect!! Let your meat thermometer guide you into delicious tender, juicy pork happiness! It will never let you down! I'm not sure what happened here... but somewhere along the cooking process, I turned into a pirate, and started threatening pork... and innocent bystanders with my mighty tongs (another favorite Gremlin-piratey, low tech tool)! I blame the tongs. So... Matey... the pork is resting (10 minutes, at least, please... you won't regret it)! The potatoes are golden and deliciously crispy (after 40 minutes) and we're ready to EAT!! Dinner Joe's way... tender, juicy grilled pork tenderloin with roasted rosemary-thyme potatoes and a tasty fresh green salad! Aaeey Matey! Eat some grilled pork tenderloin tonight and you'll be one happy, pork eating, super satisfied pirate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment