Friday, August 9, 2013

Grilled Chicken BLT!!! Fun Friday!!

Now... Tonight it was all about super lean grilled boneless chicken. And, usually we're all about "high protein"... "low fat"... "gluten free".... you know... healthy but tasty... tonight we rode the slippery slope to SIN with this... Bacon... and NOT turkey bacon... full blown pork infused BACON! I cook mine in a 375 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until crisp! So, knowing I was making sandwiches out of this chicken, I made a little sin-sauce to go with. Now, consider this sauce my fast track to aforementioned "sin-infused" flavortown... one to one (portions) mayo to whole grain mustard (tonight 2 tablespoons mayo to 2 tablespoons mustard)!! BOOM! Enough with all this sin... back to lean protein! I butterflied these enormous boneless chicken breasts then marinated in some asian dressing and grilled for 4 minutes on each side on med. high heat! Then, I let the meat rest, covered in foil... of course... While my meat rested, I had a "moment" with my tomato. August should be tomato appreciation month... Who doesn't love a fresh picked tomato on a sammie, in some pasta, or on it's own? LOVING the tomato!! Did I mention we roasted some of our favorite wedges on the side to go with our juicy grilled chicken BLT's? SURPRISE!!! Of course we did!! HECK Yeah!!! And they were amazing!! Dinner Stevie's way... grilled chicken BLT with a slice of cheese and wedges!! (Full disclosure... Stevie said his sammie totally didn't need the cheese, and would prefer the next one sans cheese)!! And Joe's way... Grilled chicken with lettuce and tomato.... and THAT'S IT! Accept for some mo' lean, mean chicken on the side!! Delish!! Super simple, but when you amp up a yummy grilled chicken BLT sandwich, it makes you a very happy eater!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment