Thursday, August 15, 2013

Blueberry-Habanero-Bone-Sucking Ribs!!!

Holy moly!! RIBS??? Yes please!! I don't know if you remember this spicy lady from last night... Our home made sweet, tangy blueberry habanero sauce! Wow... but what to do with it? How about ribs... BBQ ribs!! Even though I've never... EVER done ribs... you know, the "for real", low and slow, sweet tender succulent ribs, but, tonight, I did! Woohoo! If I can do this, you can too! Here goes... First, I bought some ribs (Costco, and they were 3 racks to one pack). I unwrapped them, put them in a pan, and tried to get that silver skin off the bottom (boney) side. Wicked pain... but it only took about 20 minutes. This, literally, was the hardest part of these amazing ribs, getting that silver skin off. If you buy them from your butcher, ask her to do it! Then I simply covered them with salt and pepper and a little oil and covered them with foil. Then they went in a 250 degree oven for 3 hours... that's right baby... low and slow!! After 3 hours, I brushed those ribs with my blueberry habanero sauce (and the ribs thanked me)... and popped back in that 250 oven for another 30 minutes! Then... I fired up the grill!! Last... but not least, I finished the ribs on the grill. Low heat (there will be flare ups, ribs are fatty, that's why we love them!!!) Low heat will do the job... for about 5 minutes on each side to crisp them up and get a good char on them!! One... of MANY ways to enjoy this blueberry-habanero sauce! These ribs were amazing... and YOU can make ribs at home too!

No comments:

Post a Comment