Saturday, August 17, 2013

Edemame Corn Salad with Grilled Rib-Eye!!!!

THIS is why we stay home on busy weekend nights for an amazing dinner... this rib-eye steak and edemame-corn salad!! Order this out... and it would be at least 30-ish or 40-ish dollars! Seriously! All we did was take a little fresh summer corn and combine it with some super protein packed, healthy partners (red peppers, shallot, cilantro...) for one super fresh summer salad! First, I cooked my edemame for 5 minutes (package directions) and drain. I also steamed 4 ears of fresh corn (though 2 cups of frozen would be just fine), chopped half of one red pepper, fine chopped 1 shallot, added a big handful of cilantro I ripped up with my fingers, and about half a pint of cherry tomatoes. Looks good, right?? Now, to dress this salad I used 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons sriracha, zest of one lime, and the juice of half that lime, with some salt and pepper!! Toss together and taste! Yes, I know... you're welcome... it's THAT GOOD!!!! This salad would also be incredible on a crab cake, on fish tacos, or over grilled chicken.... SO GOOD!! Tonight, because it's Saturday night, and we're feeling kinda "fancy"... we chopped up some of natures wonders... red potatoes, and drizzled with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary and thyme!!! Now, I get it... these flavors don't really go with the zesty-limey-cilantro corn salad... but WE DON'T CARE. Even if we should! These taters are so flippin' good.... roast in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes and enjoy the aromas of your kitchen as they blow your mind!!! And FINALLY... as everything comes together... you can grill these (your) beautiful steaks on the grill! I rubbed my rib-eyes with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then I jacked up the grill to medium high and layed those steaks on the grill for about 4-5 minutes per side (mine were big) for medium rare. Rib-eye is fatty (as in a one way ticket to meaty flavor town) but it may "flare-up" on the grill. I love to grill, so I sit there and watch my steaks, the way a soccer Mom watches her children in their first soccer game. I move them when they flare up, and talk to them, unconditionally support them, until their done. Love your steak, and it will LOVE you back!! Tender grilled rib-eye steak with fresh summer edemame-corn salad and roasted reds! Now THAT'S how you do dinner on Saturday night at home!!! Yesssssss!

No comments:

Post a Comment