Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Salmon with Summer Veggies!!!

Tonight's salmon couldn't have made Joe any happier!!! He's monitoring my every move when it comes to using sugar, carbs, or any kind of gratuitous, flavorful calories of any kind... YIKES! But tonight... he's happy!!! All protein and veggies and super delish!!!! Tonight I started by prepping my veggies: 2 summer squash (yellow) and 2 zucchini. I sliced the squash about a half inch thick but I didn't stop there! I chopped 2 red peppers and one bunch of asparagus. Next I drizzled all my veggies with a little olive oil, salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, and tossed to coat. Then, I parked my veggies on the counter. I'll cook them last while the salmon rests.... so on to the salmon!!!! I do salmon this way because it's so easy, tasty, and never disappoints! Never dry, ever!! I lined a baking sheet with foil and topped with a rack that I sprayed with oil. I buy my salmon with the skin on because it adds so much flavor and keeps the fish moist and delicious! Lay the salmon skin side down and brush with a little olive oil, salt, fresh black pepper, garlic powder, and the zest of 2 lemons. This was 3 pound of salmon, so we needed 2 lemons. Set your oven to 400 degrees and get ready for some salmon awesomeness!! So, after 15 minutes at 400 degrees, this was my reward!! Now you know the mantra... let that fish REST for at least 10 minutes covered in foil while you cook your veggies! You will be rewarded with tender juicy salmon that will make you a happy fish eater! Do it! Now pop veggies in that 400 degree oven for 10 minutes while your salmon rests. The fish has rested... the veggies are ready, and time to eat!!! Dinner Joe's way, lots of salmon with lots of veggies! Super satisfying and full of flavor!!! Or dinner Stevie's way... delicious, tender, meaty salmon with roasted summer veggies and brown basmati rice. Make it your way... but make it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment