Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sausage and Peppers... Gremlin Style!!

Tonight it was all about Babe Ruth Baseball and watching our Astros... Go Stevie! 13-1... Heck Yeah!! Now that's a winning record! Tonight's dinner tries to keep up with our Astros... and it has to be fast (after 3 hours at the ball field). Sausage and peppers .... quick and grilled up Gremlin style! Let's go! Tonight, Gremlin sausage is turkey sausage... less fat (times a thousand) and full of flavor. I started with one pack of sweet and hot, 6 links in each pack. Cut each link into thirds. Add 2 yellow and 2 red peppers (washed and cut into chunks), and one enormous red onion, also cut into chunks. Add your peppers into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss, and get ready to assemble our Gremlin style sausage and pepper kabobs!! Time to assemble!!! I used my metal skewers, but you can buy wooden kabob sticks (just soak for 30 minutes in water so they don't burn on the grill). Next I followed this pattern.... onto each skewer I added one pepper, 2 chunks onion, one chunk sausage... pepper, onion, sausage... Next, I heated and cleaned my grill. I turned the heat off and sprayed with cooking spray and turned my heat down to medium. I want to cook these sausage through, not burn the veggies and sausage on high heat! I put my kabobs on the heat for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I flipped them onto the other side and cooked for 5 more minutes. Take those cooked kabobs off the grill and get ready to enjoy some grilled, Gremlin,sausage and peppers! Now, we made cornbread last night, and that was the perfect accompaniment to our grilled kabobs, so that's what we had! Sweet and hot Italian sausage and pepper kabobs!!! Some grilled, tasty, goodness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment