Friday, June 28, 2013

Chipotle Wings with Creamy Blue Cheese Dip!!

Crispy spicy chipotle wings with home made blue cheese dip... YES PLEASE!!! Couldn't be any easier or tastier with this home made blue cheese dip! Sooooo GOOD! Cue wings... Tonight I had about 3 pounds of monster size wings... and I couldn't be happier! I lined my sheet pan with foil and seasoned those wings with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and some chipotle seasoning. If you don't have chipotle seasoning, you could sprinkle on some smoked paprika and crushed red pepper... they're wings... they'll be delicious no matter what we sprinkle on them!!! Cook in a 400 degree oven for about 30-45 minutes. These were huge, so these took 45 minutes! And this is what we got!!!! Yessssss! Next up... some cool tasty dip!! Now, after tonight, I will NEVER BUY blue cheese dressing again!!! This dressing was crazy-good!! Now I can't exactly call this "lite" blue cheese dressing, but it's WAY lower in fat than traditional blue cheese, and tastes freakin' incredible!! And soooooo easy!! In a medium size mixing bowl, I dropped half a cup of mayonnaise, half a cup of lite sour cream, quarter cup of lowfat buttermilk, about 4 oz. of blue cheese (maytag... oh my!!) crumbled, about 3 tablespoons (handful) of fresh parsley chopped, fresh ground pepper and a pinch of salt. After adding everything to the bowl, I mixed it up with a wooden spoon while pressing some of those big chunks of blue cheese on the side of the bowl to mash together and combine. Worth repeating... I will NEVER buy bottled blue cheese dressing again... thank you maytag blue cheese, lowfat buttermilk and lite sour cream.... 'nuff said!!!! If you like hot wings with blue cheese dressing, but hate the guilt... these are for you! YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE how good these tasty, crispy wings pair with the blue cheese dip! Time to EAT! Happy Gremlin wing lover signing off... napkins please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment