Monday, September 30, 2013

Chipotle Pork Tenderloin Smothered in Garlicky White Beans and Kale!!!!

Helloooooo Fall!! Tonight we welcomed a new week with some tender delicious pork tenderloin (super fast, tender, lean protein) with a side of garlicky beans and kale with carrots and onions! Super hearty, tasty, and gluten free (without the side-o-bread)... sooooo yummy! I started tonight's fall feast with these four sad, leftover carrots, and a bunch of kale that I washed and stemmed. I peeled and chopped the carrots and added to a pot with olive oil and one chopped onion. And there we have the rest of tonight's dinner guests... 5 cloves garlic (you know me... ), 2 cans white beans, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, chopped carrots and kale, and salt and pepper (omit the tomatoes, I changed my mind and left them out... and I'm glad). I also added about a cup of chicken stock when I added the kale... So, back to the onion and carrots... after they saute for about 10 minutes, I added the chopped garlic and red pepper flakes. Let that cook about a minute or two, then add the beans, chopped kale leaves and chicken stock. It will seem like a lot of kale, but it will all cook down and mix with the juicy, garlicky beans!! While the kale cooks down with the beans, I prepared my tenderloins. I coated them with some salt, garlic powder, and a chipotle seasoning spice rub. Then I seared them in a medium high heat with some olive oil on all sides. Then, I popped them into a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes until their temperature was 140 degrees... and they were perfect. Then, I covered them and let them rest for 10 minutes (meat mantra... let it rest... juicy tender meat will be the result)!! This is dinner Stevie's way... medallions of pork tenderloin with juicy, garlicky beans and kale! So hearty, healthy, and delicious! Dinner Joe's way... the same delicious pork and kale and beans, but no bread... gluten free. Either way, this is one super tasty fall feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment