Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes! YEAH!

Not bad for a Tuesday!!! Pork tenderloin is quick and delicious! Super tender, lean and full of flavor! Teamed up with butternut squash and mashed potatoes, and you'll think you're having Sunday dinner... on Tuesday night! Here's how quick and easy tonight's dinner was! First I peeled and chopped 1 butternut squash and simply boiled in water until fork tender (about 20 minutes, depending on how big your pieces are. Next, same thing with you potatoes... peel and boil in salted water until tender, about 20-25 minutes. My potatoes were done first tonight, so I mashed with low-tech hand masher, added half cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of butter and a little salt and pepper. Then, I added about a half cup of buttermilk, and they were fantastic! Low fat buttermilk is one flavor super star, and my potatoes loved it! When the squash was fork tender, I simply mashed that as well, and added 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper. It was crazy-good! No need for extra sugar, or maple syrup, or extra fancy stuff... we like our squash to taste like squash! Next, I seasoned my tenderloins and got ready to sear them in a hot pan (medium high heat), coated in olive iol (about 2 tablespoons). Tonight, I seasoned these with 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1 teaspoon thyme, and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Tonight I though I'd add a couple of chopped onions to my pork tenderloin, and I was so glad I did!!! So when I started searing the pork (on all sides, turning, and browning), I also let those onions sit right there, in the pan with the pork. When browned on all sides, I popped the pork into a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, and I had 2 perfectly roasted tenderloins that read 140 degrees with a meat thermometer! Perfect! Now, I had to let the meat rest for 15 minutes to insure it would be tender and juicy... and this is the part my family hates! The house smells like Sunday dinner, everything is done... and I make 'em wait... but, my pork knows why! Meat is better, juicy, tender, not dry or chewy, when it rests! Let it rest! Here's dinner Joe's way! delicious tender pork medallions and roasted onions with tangy creamy buttermilk mashed potatoes and warm sweet butternut squash! Comfort food to the max!! Tuesday dinner never looked soooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment