Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pesto... Pasta, YEAH!!! With Tofu... Wha'?

Pasta with pesto! Yumm! But, tofu??? HECK YEAH!! Delicious roasted veggies and pasta with pesto... and tofu? Hmmmm... I started with extra firm tofu, because I don't like mushy food, but I love lean protein!! Start by cubing the tofu into chunks and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on some salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Roast in a 375 degree oven for at least (get this) about 45 minutes. Now, tofu tastes like... nothing. Absolutely nothing. That's why it gets a bad rap! But I love it, because it will take on the flavor of whatever you give it, and deliver protein. Just give it some FLAVOR!! So, as you may have noticed... I'm trying to turn bland, boring tofu into a super tasty, chicken nugget style rock star of flavor. This is how I always do tofu. Treat it like MEAT! Next, chop some veggies to go with your pasta! Tonight I had red pepper, zucchini, and asparagus! YUM! Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder, and roast for 10 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Meanwhile, cook your favorite pasta according to the directions (al dente). Top with home made, or prepared pesto! Now, if you know me, and my addiction to garlic, YOU KNOW I added some garlic to that pan with some olive oil before tossing everything together. Extra garlic... GUILTY! After adding your pesto to your pasta, throw in handfuls of spinach and toss. It will disappear quickly! Then, add your roasted veggies and toss everything together in the pot with the pasta. You may have noticed how lazy I am, and how everything is in that same pasta pot. Guilty! The big finish! Get ready to top your pasta with some fresh Parmesan cheese and some toasted pine nuts! And, don't forget the protein packed tofu nuggets of flavor! Tonight, tofu meets pesto pasta! Scared of tofu? Leave it out... this pasta is super easy, quick and delicious, with or without tofu!!! Pesto pasta with tofu and roasted veggies.... YES, PLEASE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment