Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Grilled Tuna Sliders with Garlic, Lemon, Sriracha Aoli... Wedges and Zuke!

Oh my!! Grilled tuna steaks topped with tangy garlicky-lemony sriracha aoli with crispy potato wedges and grilled zucchini? YES, please!! So tonight there were 3 major players invited to dinner, our favorite wedges (better than tots and oh, so addictive), grilled tuna (frozen from Trader Joe's... just fine), and some lovely summer grilled zucchini! But let's get real, the party started when we invited this money-makin' sauce I made last night... garlic lemon, sriracha aoli!!!!! SHAZAAAM!! Let's start with taters... Tonight I washed and "wedged" 3 red and 3 yukon gold potatoes (we believe in potato diversity and blend these families whenever we can)! Drizzle with olive oil, salt,, pepper and garlic powder, and prop them up like cute little sailboats (I know... I'm weird, but it makes them super crispy). Now pop them in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, or until they look like this!!! Now, in "real time" those taters will cook while you do other dinner things... otherwise, they'd get poached by every boy, neighbor, and anyone in your zip code that sees them. Next up, Tuna and zuke... grilled! I halved 4 medium-smallish zucchini and drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. They'll go on the grill with the tuna, but they need about 5 minutes on medium high heat on each side. I did the same thing to my tuna steaks (olive oil, salt and pepper) but they will only take about 2 and 1/2 minutes on each side. So, here's how I timed this. I grilled the first side of the zucchini and after 5-6 minutes, when I turned them over, I added my tuna steaks. While the zucchini cooked on the second side, I cooked the tuna on each side for about 2-3 minutes (no more). So, now, we have grilled tuna steaks... and grilled zucchini! And since the potato wedges are done, lets grill those buns and get ready to stack this slider!! Dinner Joe's way... Tuna sliders with grilled zucchini and wedges! So good, so healthy, and so full of this... A healthy teaspoon (or tablespoon... or more, you choose) of this killer aoli! Check last night's post for the recipe! You'll be glad you did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment