Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad!!

Who doesn't LOVE some warm, juicy grilled chicken on top of cool creamy ceasar salad? It's probably one of the "MOST" ordered and well loved salads EVER! We love it so much we make it at home a lot too... and it couldn't be any easier!! First, I butterflied 3 big boneless chicken breasts and drizzled on a little olive oil, salt and a lemon-herb rub (McCormick's). I didn't have time to marinate, but you could do that too! Then I grilled the chicken over medium high heat for about 4 minutes on each side, or until done. Poke the chicken and it should be firm, but not hard (no more than 4 minutes). Mmmmm... looks good, smells amazing, BUT cover with foil and let the meat rest for at least 10 minutes so it will stay juicy and tender!! DO IT! This salad is sooooo easy, I should be embarrassed, but it's so good, that I can live with that! Traditional ceasar salad has homemade dressing with anchovies and mustard (yum), but I took a super tasty short cut with this bottled dressing (and loved it)! I simply washed and dried my romaine lettuce, added a handful of grated carrots (not very "ceasar-ish" but, we wanted the extra nutrition and crunch), a little grated cheese and black pepper, and, of course, our grilled chicken! Toss all together! Tender juicy grilled chicken with cool crisp greens! So good, so easy and "so what" if there's a short cut or two! You'll love this on it's own, with some soup and bread, or wrapped up in a tortilla! Light and fresh and amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment