Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Chipotle Pork Tenderloin Sliders and Sweet Potato Fries!!

It's baseball season... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Baseball season!!! But with only so much hours in a day, it's been a while since Gremlin Mom's been cooking, dang (sorry)! But, tonight, we're BACK! With pork tenderloin sliders and sweet potato fries...with my man-boy Joe, coming for dinner, and Baseball Stevie!! Could this boring chilly, dank Tuesday night get any better??? HECK NO!! Happy Mom with 2 of her 3 boys in the house for din!! Ka-ching!!! Here goes! First, I had these two enormous sweet potatos. Full of flavor and packed with nutrients! So, I peeled these babies and sliced them in half then quarted the halves into strips! Then, I drizzled a little olive oil (not much) and sprinkled some salt, pepper, and garlic powder with a tiny bit of ceyanne pepper. Toss to coat, and pop into a 400 degree oven. These will take at least 30-40 minutes to get crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside! Onto the pork! Next, I had this pork tenderloin, and wondered how to make it different... special. So, I did the usual, loaded it up with flavor with a sprinkling of salt, garlic powder, and chipotle seasoning! Seared it on medium high heat in a little olive oil, turning on all sides for about a couple minutes per side. Then popped it into my 400 degree oven with those sweet potato fries! After 15 minutes, I checked the temp on that pork, and it read 130 degrees (and I want at least 137-140), so I popped it in for another 5 minutes, and it was perfect! Now the hard part, cover and let the meat rest for at lest 10 minutes. Imagine boys standing in your kitchen with forks in hand humming a slow, painful durge sounding like the jeopardy theme song... while shooting me indignant looks of dissatisfaction... for every one of those 10 "meat resting" minutes....PAIN! While that meat rested, I put together a little fresh greens to go on top (or with) that pork! Simply slice up about half of a red onion, throw in some grated carrots with some fresh greens! Top with some chipotle ranch dressing! We like "Maries" chipotle ranch, and a little goes a long way! So, time to slice the pork,and assemble the sliders!!! I like to slice my pork a little thick, about 3/4 to an inch. I also sliced these mini potato rolls in half, added the pork, a handful of greens with carrots and onion, and some jalapeno peppers! So good! Super tender pork sliders with crispy fresh greens and creamy chipotle dressing! And with a side of delicious crispy sweet potato wedges!! And look who just walked in! My JOE!!! My heart's exploding!!!One of my favorite man-boys to feed!! Happy Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment