Saturday, April 5, 2014

Saturday Night!!! Salmon, and Jammin'!!

While most socially "plugged in folk" are out on the town on Saturday night, I'm usually excited about grown boys stopping in for dinner!!! And that's just what I got tonight! So, first... we had our delicious salmon dinner! And later, there was jammin' with some of our favorites, Bonnie (as in Raitt), Van (as in Morrison), and Rolling.... as in Stones... just the way I like it! A typical Saturday night at home... so here's how it started! It's spring time in western Massachusetts, and that means fresh, local asparagus!!! We love this local treat, and eat as much as we can when in season! To go with our local fav, we splurged on some salmon... a monster size filet with the skin on... and it's gonna be awesome! First, I rinsed and dried my salmon filet. I brushed it with a little olive oil, and sprinkled on some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and the zest of 1 lemon. Pop your salmon into a 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. This was a 3 pound filet, and it took exactly 20 minutes. When the fish is done, take it out and let it rest (covered in foil for at least 10 minutes). While the fish was resting, I popped my asparagus into that 450 degree oven. But first, I also drizzled a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder on the asparagus, and cooked for about 6-7 minutes. To round out this tasty springtime dinner, we added baked potatoes, and we loved them. While not fancy, a delicious baked potato is like nutrition and comfort all wrapped up into one delicious package! So good!!! When your ready to serve the salmon, I just use my spatula to slice that tasty fish off of the skin. Cooking it on the skin keeps the fish full of flavor and moisture! We also sliced the lemon into wedges and squeezed that tasty juice on our fish at the end! Super fresh and perfect for tonight's salmon! So, tonight dinner Joe's way.... juicy salmon, potato (clean eating style, no butter, no nothin')and delicious roasted asparagus. And that same dinner Stevie's way... with a lil' pat-o-butter on that creamy baked potato! Delicious, healthy salmon dinner with my boys... followed by some jammin' after! Perfect Saturday night, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment