Saturday, May 10, 2014

Super Fast Super Tasty... 30 Minute-Pasta with Red Sauce!!

Another spectacular New England Saturday afternoon... full of baseball...weather... and boys! The afternoon started with another Astros win against a tough team whose "ball magnet" center fielder spoiled every potential base clearing home run hit we had to offer... but, still, we prevailed!! Good thing we had our own Astros spoiler in center field to make some spectacular catches as well!! Go #13!! So tonight, our victory dinner has to be good, special, something worthy of a WIN! So, tonight, with absolutely nothing in the house to eat....at all... I found this... A can of St. Marizano tomatoes! Who needs red sauce when you have a can of these... so tonight, it's super simple, super satisfying spaghetti and red sauce, courtesy of these tomatoes! First, I put a little olive oil and chopped garlic (5 cloves), and a pinch (about 1/4 teaspoon) of crushed red pepper flakes into a sauce pan over medium heat and let it soften for about 1 minute. When you smell the garlic, it's time to add the can of tomatoes along with about half a teaspoon of salt, and sugar. Mix to combine, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. After the sauce simmers for a few minutes I cue my kitchen gadget addiction!! I used my handy dandy mixing wand to blend it all together right in the pan! I have to admit, I love this kitchen gadget! She gets the job done and she's easy to clean! Way to go kitchen wand mixer thingy!!! Next, I cooked my pasta according to the directions, and chopped up about 4-5 baby zucchini. While the pasta cooks, I kept an eye on the sauce, and will add the chopped zucchini into the pasta in the last minute and a half to cook. Drain the pasta and plate it up with your delicious home made (in minutes!!) red sauce! Super simple, but so hearty and satisfying! Top with grated cheese and fresh basil if you have it! How I love having a house full of happy pasta eating baseball boys! Go Red Hawks!! GO Red Sox!! Go Astros!!! No such thing as too much baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment