Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chipotle Chicken!!!

In honor of tonight's UGLY win by our N.E. Patriots... I present some STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL chipotle chicken! Now, we did this chicken dinner two ways tonight... you know, to make everyone a happy protein, veggie eater! I started with my big, bad-ass Idaho potatoes. I scrubbed them, scored them with a few pricks of a sharp knife, and popped into a 375 degree oven. They went in first, because they will take the longest! Next, our favorite side... roasted carrots! Simple,sweet, super healthy carrots! Peeled, sliced and and drizzled with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme on those tasty carrots and pop them into that 375 degree oven with your potatoes. I pushed the potatoes in a row in the "way back" bottom rack, and put the carrots on the bottom with the potatoes. Next, I prepped my chicken thighs with one of my favorite seasonings... this smoky chipotle seasoning with paprika, and added garlic powder and some salt and pepper. If you don't have this, you can sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper.... that would be super smoky and delicious! Then, I popped those smoky chicken thighs into my 375 degree oven with the carrots and baked taters for 30 minutes.... and that was enough. I usually grill my chicken thighs, but the Patriots were on, and they were exercising their NEW ROUTINE... you know... the crappy first half routine, and wait till the last minute of the game routine, to make something happen offensively, routine... (sorry, my blood pressure is still racing after witnessing Gronk's low blow tackle, and Vereen's redemption worthy second half...). Oh.. so, back to the food... So, after 30 minutes this is what our chicken thighs looked like! Like I said, grilled would have been better.... but let's see YOU pull yourself away from a 4th quarter game like today's Patriots win over (a very deserving) Cleveland Browns... still in shock! So here's dinner Stevie's way... Delicious, smoky chipotle chicken with his favorite side, roasted carrots and baked potato! Delicious! And dinner my way... Soft chipotle chicken tacos with fresh crispy greens, carrots, scallion, creamy avocado with some fresh cilantro! Topped with a little Chipotle Ranch dressing and a fresh squeeze of lime, and you have MY tasty dinner choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment