Monday, November 18, 2013

Soy and Sriracha Shrimp Noodles with Garlic and Ginger!!!

Have you ever had a craving... and then an idea... and suddenly you're on to creating the best thing you ever ate??? Or.. maybe not... But your idea is sooooo good your willing to GO FOR IT!!!! That's what happened tonight (and I'm GLAD it did)!! Today's players... Tonight's magic-money sauce!!! 1/4 cup of soy, 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, and 2 heaping tablespoons of sriracha! Then, add copious amounts of garlic and ginger (at least a tablespoon of each, though I'm sure I added more...). Next, I chopped half of one sad little leftover red cabbage from the produce bin... and made it SO HAPPY!!! To that I added about a cup of carrots (already sliced)! Then... I thawed and shelled 1 pound of shrimp and poured about half of that super special sesame-sriracha sauce over the shrimp and let it sit for about 30 minutes! (This is known as... the cocktail hour which previews every party worth going to)!!!! While shrimp marinated in the cocktail... I added my veggies to a hot wok pan (in about 1 teaspoon of canola oil), and stir fried for about 3 minutes... no more... While my veg cooked, I also cooked some plain old simple, thin pasta and drained. Then rinsed in cold water (so it wouldn't stick) and let it sit in the sink until I was ready to add to the stir fry! I pulled my veg out after about 3 minutes, so it was time to cook the shrimp! In that same hot wok-ish pan, I added the shrimp with all the marinade. After cooking on medium high heat for about 1 minute, I added 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water. When you add this to the shrimp, the sauce will suddenly thicken, and become glossy and super delicious! Once the shrimp was cooked (and it won't take long... 3 minutes at most)... I added the pasta, the rest of that super money-sauce, and the veggies I cooked earlier! Keep the heat on high for another couple of minutes while you stir and combine all the flavors! You can thank me later for how GOOD your kitchen smells!!! The last thing I added to this heavenly spicy noodle craving... was a little chopped scallion and fresh cilantro... and my noodles, and my taste buds thanked me... over, and over again!!! Another spicy noodle craving.... totally fulfilled!!! Thanks sriracha... shrimp, and garlic and ginger... my culinary besties!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment