Sunday, November 3, 2013

Patriots and Pork Tenderloin!!

Talk about comfort food... I've done this meal a million times... because it's THAT GOOD! Affordable, delicious, comforting, and easy! And it has that Sunday-dinner feel, that everyone craves when it's chilly out and you're watching your favorite football team! So, this is a familiar tale... pork, carrots, and potatoes... but so worthy of all the attention it gets! First, we peeled carrots, chopped, drizzled with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and thyme, and popped in a hot (400 tonight) oven for 40 minutes! And this is what we got... Freakin' delicious... carrots... WHO KNEW?? So good and so healthy! Next, potatoes... First wash and chop potatoes and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary!!! Cook for 30-40 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Super savory potato deliciousness! Crispy, tasty, comforting, aromatic potatoes... ahhhhh! Now, pork! I did the usual... coated the tenderloins in a rub of 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper. Next, I seared them off in a hot pan on all sides. Turn the tenderloins every 2 minutes as they brown. Then, pop into a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until they read 137-140 degrees. These took exactly 15 minutes tonight. I also chopped up an onion to join my pork while it cooks... and I'm glad I did! After the pork was done, I had this pan full of onions and pork tenderloin drippings... potential for greatness... I mean, this is my pork tenderloin's grammy moment... a championship moment, so I took another 5 minutes to make some killer "gravy" or sauce out of those drippings from the pork and onion! So, all I did was take the pork out to rest (meat mantra... let the well cooked meat rest), and make a little sauce by adding 2 tablespoons of flour to the pan, stirring into the drippings and onions, and then I added about a half to one cup of chicken stick to the pan. All while stirring on a medium high heat. The stock gets thick and the sauce looks delicious. Last, I did that thing my Mom always does, I added a dash of "gravy-master". It's this little bottle of magic. It turns your gravy or sauce into a PROM QUEEN, a NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WINNER of gravy, and we love it! Holy Cow?!?! What's that... apple pie! HECK YEAH!!! Thank you daylight savings, and your extra hour! Tonight it's dinner, and dessert! So, here you have our humble, delicious, comforting pork tenderloin, potatoes, and simple roasted carrots! Easy, delicious, and full of lean nutrition! And... a gluten free dinner... just in case your wondering (accept for the pie, and the flour in the gravy, but those are easy to leave out)! Fall, football, and food... does it get any better????

No comments:

Post a Comment