Thursday, July 17, 2014

Chicken Kabobs and Local Corn! Hello Summah!!!!

So, while my friend had this super, awesome, televised backyard BBQ (and it was freakin' awesome).... complete with blonde super-cute channel 40 anchor Lady, adorable pool boys, 4 wheelers tooling around, and awesome food... I had this... Chicken.... but not ordinary chicken.... chicken I converted into much more INTERESTING CHICKEN KABOBS! And they were awesome! First, I marinated my chicken tenders in a little bbq sauce and sesame dressing (easy, lazy, convenient.... and tasty)! Then, after marinating my tenders for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 or 5... I picked some tasty players to join my chicken... on their kabob journey....a red pepper, onion, and 2 medium size zuchini... sliced and tossed with a little salt, pepper, and olive oil. Zucchini, red pepper and onion! Perfect! Thread all these players onto a skewer... but not any old skewer... Soak your wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes (more is better), so they don't burn up your kabobs! I cooked my kabobs on a medium heat on the grill for about 2-3 minutes per side. Chicken tenders cook fast, and overcooking will suck the life out of them. If you push or touch them with your finger, they should feel firm, not soft, but definitely NOT hard.... And here you have a CLASSIC!!! Supper in the summer, with fresh corn and grilled kabobs! And another night with the boys.... nothing better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment