Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Night BLTs!!!

It's Friday night, full moon, AND it's the 13th! That's right.... last week of school, a full moon... and it's Friday the 13th! A teacher's DREAM... right?! Total convergence of all thing TERRIFYING when placed in a classroom on a warm humid, sticky day!! Aaaagh! RUN! Save yourselves!!!! But, I made it, and so did my 16 adorable second graders, so now, all I have the energy for is this... And BLTs! Delicious, crispy salty bacon with fresh warm focaccia and juicy tomato, sweet greens, and creamy mayo! Super simple, but super delicious! I started with thick cut bacon and cooked it in my 375 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes or until crisp. I put it on a rack lined with foil so the fat drips off and I can discard the fat in the foil when it cools off! After my sizzly bacon was cooked, I parked it on some paper towels and popped it to the side, and guarded it with a baseball bat from all the bacon poachers until I was ready! For the focaccia, I simply took frozen bread dough and spread it out on a cookie sheet after it thawed (takes about a day in the fridge, or 3 hours on the counter. You can make it from scratch, and I often do, but this is what I had tonight, and it couldn't be simpler! I spread the dough with my hands and drizzled a little olive oil on top. Sprinkled with onion flakes, sesame seeds, and popped it in my 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown! After the bread cools a bit, cut it into squares for sandwiches! My mouth is officially watering... Time to grab my lettuce, tomato, and mayo!! Sweet greens, vine ripe tomato, and Hellmans... bacon's best friends! I split my focaccia open, lathered in that creamy mayo, topped with lettuce and tomato and bacon, and prepared for the BLT party that was about to get in my belly!! Just a BLT... but a really awesome BLT! Perfect cure for a frazzled teacher and a Friday night! Thank you bacon!! AND LOOK!! My favorite bacon loving neighbor!! Just in time! Start your weekend with some BACON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment