Thursday, June 5, 2014

Chicken Parm and JOE!! Here we go!!!

So, another day with another fabulous text from my boy! Dinner tonight? He asked! I have chicken... I reply. How about chicken parm, he asks... SURE! I say! Woohoo!! I'm having dinner with Joe and Stevie tonight!! 2 out of 3... I'll take it! Here goes! First, chicken parm needs some bread, so I used my favorite frozen bread dough and spread it on a sheet pan, thawed out, and topped it with some olive oil, garlic powder, granulated onion, and poppy seeds! Then I popped it into a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.... and it was perfect! Time for some sauce! This could not be any easier... Chop some garlic... I used about 6 cloves... and add to some olive oil to heat up a bit. After about a minute the garlic hits the pan, add your cans of crushed tomatoes with 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and some oregano! Heat the sauce over low heat for at least 30 minutes or more and you'll have mouth watering tomato sauce heaven!! Now, time to get the chicken!! I took boneless chicken breasts and sliced them in half.... dredged in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano... and popped into a pan over medium high heat. I cooked the chicken on the stove top for abour 5 minutes per side, until they were golden brown. Next, I popped my chicken into a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes to cook it through. After 10 minutes, I topped the chicken with some grated mozzarella cheese, and popped back into the oven! st, I cooked some pasta and put it all together!! Dinner tonight... Chicken parm with fresh baked focaccia and tomato sauce!!

No comments:

Post a Comment