Friday, May 16, 2014

Chipotle Talapia Po' Boy.... and My Joe!!

So, I get a text.... from my grown man boy.... "dinner tomorrow"? And, again, my heart explodes, and I start planning what to cook and what will go with it!!! So... For my Joe tonight, I decide on fish... lean, healthy, and pair it with some super fresh chipotle slaw!! Sounds awesome, here goes! First, I started with the slaw, and this small head of purple cabbage, small green cabbage, 3 scallions and sliced carrots. I sliced the cabbage, and scallions and added to the carrots. Here's my coleslaw short cut... and you can call it cheating.... but I call it smart and tasty.... I added about a half cup of this chipotle dressing to the slaw, and it was flipping awesome! Set slaw aside and get ready for the fish!! Time to get set up for fish fry!! First, I got a half cup of flour and half cup of corn meal, and seasoned with salt, pepper, and my favorite chipotle seasoning! Next, I whisked some eggs (2 or 3) with added a tiny bit of water, about a teaspoon. We're ready for fish, so set yourself up! I had my fish ready (and seasoned, salt, pepper, garlic powder), next to the eggs, and then the flour and cornmeal.... ending with my frying pan (medium high heat coated with oil and ready to fry)! Dredge each fish filet in egg, then flour and cornmeal, then put in the pan! Cook the fish over medium high heat on each side for about 3 minutes! After 3 minutes this is what my filets looked like... So I flipped them for 3 more minutes on the other side... When they were done, I pulled them out of the pan, and put on a rack so they'd stay crisp and tasty (though, they were gone in seconds...) To top off this ridiculously tasty fish, I has some secret flavor weapons.... fresh lime juice, cilantro, and sliced avocado! So, here's dinner Joe's way.... Crispy, delicious fresh talapia with chipotle seasoning topped with super slaw and lime! Nothing better than a house full of boys for dinner... especially when they're yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment