Saturday, May 24, 2014

Saturday Night's Tuna Sandwich! BOOM!

So... While I spent my afternoon watching some of my favorite baseball players play in their last "regular" season game... And LOVED IT!!! The news was full of something about... Kanye and Kim-whoever that got married today? And I was like... WHO... CARES??? THIS IS NOT NEWS!!!! And then I puked a little in the back of my throat... and then I recovered, just in time for dinner! OY!! And then I thought... so, here's some real news... good news... Joe's coming for dinner, and tuna is on the menu tonight! Super lean, protein packed tuna, in a sandwich with swag!! Here goes... First, I started by making some rolls for our sandwiches, and it was so easy!! I used frozen bread dough and cut it into quarters, then formed into rolls. I brushed the rolls with egg wash and topped with some sesame seeds and popped into a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes... And this is what I got!! Super easy, super fresh, warm rolls ready to deliver some wicked tasty grilled tuna!! So now it's tuna time!! These little tuna steaks were frozen... and Joe was starving, so we decided to try and grill them before they thawed out, and it was just fine!! First, I seasoned with some simple salt, pepper and garlic powder on each side. Then, I fired up my grill on medium high heat, sprayed it with cooking spray, and laid those tuna steaks down!! Like I said, they were still kinda frozen, so I cooked them for about 4 minutes on each side... and they were perfect!! After pulling those delicious tuna steaks off the grill, I let them rest for a few minutes, while I prepared the freshly baked rolls! You can treat these sandwiches with anything you like... lettuce, tomato, mayo, cheese, soy sauce, lime juice... but tonight, we kept it simple! Dinner Joe's way... A double!! Two delicious tuna steak sandwiches with fresh sliced tomato and a tiny bit of mayo... with fresh green salad on the side! Dinner Stevie's way, that same delicious tender juicy tuna steak sandwich, with fresh greens, tomato and mayo... and it was awesome!!! Turn the volume up on your tuna sandwich with some grilled tuna steaks! Lean, mean, super nutritious grilled tuna!! Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment