Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pepperoni Pizza Bites!!

Tonight's post has nothing to do with health, whole grain, nutrition, or lean protein... it's all about what I could find in the house in the middle of another snow storm! So, tonight, I had enough stuff to make these tasty little muffins full of pepperoni and mozzarella! And they were GREAT! And super easy!! Here we go... In a big bowl, add the dry ingredients.... 3/4 cup of flour, 3/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (though I'd add more). Whisk together to combine. To that, I added 3/4 cup of milk and 1 beaten egg. Combine the wet and the dry ( I whisked together). Last, add 1 cup shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and 1 cup chopped pepperoni (I used sliced pepperoni and chopped into tiny bite size pieces). I scooped about 2 tablespoons of this super savory batter into a mini-muffin tin coated with nonstick spray and cooked in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes! Serve warm with your favorite red sauce, and you have a super savory, tasty pepperoni pizza... in one crazy good bite! Now... all I need is a house full of kids to eat these cheesy little bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment