Sunday, February 2, 2014

Superbowl Sunday!! Chipotle Chicken Tacos!!!

It's superbowl Sunday, and the New England Patriots are watching... from their warm cozy living rooms... DANG!! But, it's still Superbowl Sunday, and time for some tasty football eats!! Now we LOVE football food, nachos, pizza, wings... but tonight, we're having some soft flour tortilla tacos filled with lean chipotle chicken and super-slaw!! Tons of flavor without any fried fatty regret later! Here we go!! I started with this super easy slaw. If color means nutrition.... this slaw is a home run... or game winning touch down tonight??? So, here's the slaw, super simple. I bought the smallest red cabbage I could find, and still only used half of it, and sliced it real thin. Then, I added some shredded carrots and 4 chopped scallions with a big handful of fresh cilantro. Now here's where I get lazy, and I don't care what anyone thinks!! I added this chipotle ranch dressing as the creamy tasty glue to the slaw... and it was delicious. Short cut... guilty!! After adding the dressing to the slaw, I tossed it all together and parked it in the fridge until I was ready. The longer this sits, the better!!! Slaw, done! Time for chicken! Tonight I butterflied (sliced in half the "wide" way) 3 big lean boneless chicken breasts and gave them some incredible chipotle flavor! This flavor weapon was introduced to me by my friend and colleague Lisa, and every time I use it I love her more and more!!! It's so good! Sprinkle your chicken with some salt, garlic powder, and the chipotle seasoning (liberally) and add to a pan over medium high heat with some olive oil. If you want to grill these, that's even better. Sadly, my grill is a casualty of New England's winter brutality, so I sauteed the chicken on the stove for about 4 minutes on the first side, and another 4 on the second side (mine were pretty big). If you poke your chicken, and it feels firm, it's probably done! Nothing worse than overcooked lean white meat chicken. Likewise, nothing BETTER than perfectly cooked, juicy, moist, flavorful white meat boneless chicken!!! Now the hard part, let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes. And, time for tacos!! The big finish.... I used small soft flour tortillas, greens, fresh lime, and avocado... and it was spectacular! Slice that tender juicy chicken and lay a few slices on the tortilla. Add that creamy crunchy slaw, a few greens, and finish with fresh avocado!!! Now spritz some lime on that baby and you have some seriously good football eating, fit for Superbowl Sunday!!! Who says football food has to be fried and full of fat? These were super lean, packed with protein, and fresh crispy crunch with the slaw! The soft taco addiction continues.... soooooo good!! And... GO SEAHAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment