Monday, February 17, 2014

Spicy Noodle Craving with Sesame and Sriracha!!

Meatless Monday! And I'm having a spicy sesame noodle craving... and it couldn't happen on a better night!! Simple ingredients and tasty spicy heat!! These noodles could not be any easier! You can get all fancy, with special rice noodles, or what ev'... but I had plain old thin spaghetti... and it was just fine! The secret is in the sauce... and if you can "pour", then you can make this amazing power packed sauce for your noodles! I started with 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon agave, 1 heaping tablespoon sriracha, 3 tablespoons sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic and fresh ginger, and 1/4 cup of cider vinegar (you can use rice wine, but I love the flavor of cider vinegar). Mix all these power flavors in a little bowl and keep on the side until you're ready! Next, for nutrition and crunch, I added some veggies.... Tonight I used up half of a small red cabbage, sliced thin, and shredded carrots. I also added 2 small chopped baby zucchini, about 4 cups of veggies in all. You can use what ever veggies you like, red pepper, red onion, green beans... anything would be awesome!! While I cooked my pasta according to package directions, I added the cabbage and carrots to my "wok-ish" pan with 1 scant teaspoon canola oil, and cooked for about one minute. If color equals nutrition, then this is going to be a nutritional masterpiece! After a minute I added the zucchini and tossed for another minute. Next, I drained the pasta and added it to my veggie wok! Immediately after that... I added that super stoked up soy sauce and tossed it all together to coat! Now, we like to finish our noodles with a fresh tasty garnish, and tonight... it was chopped scallion, cilantro, and some roasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top!! If you don't have these noodle "movie star" ingredients, don't worry, these noodles are spectacular on their own! My last step was to sprinkle those scallions in those noodles and give it one last toss! Mouth is watering, and I can't stand it!! NOODLE TIME!! Meatless Monday couldn't be any better! Spicy sesame noodles courtesy of sriracha and garlic and ginger! Soooooo good! Make this heart healthy, meatless Monday, nutrition packed noodle dinner soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment