Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pizza! Super Fast, Super Simple!!

So, I say to the boy.... how does chicken sound? He says... How about pizza? I say, I don't have pizza dough or pizza "stuff"... but I have yeast (and feeling ambitious, I say).... So let's GO FOR IT! So, tonight's pizza dinner started with some fresh from scratch....pizza dough! First, I added 2 teaspoons of yeast to 1 cup of warm water and drizzled in 1 scan teaspoon of honey. We're trying to let the yeast "wake up" and bloom! Let this sit for at least 10 minutes before ready. While the yeast wakes up, combine 3 cups of flour with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Blend the dry together.... I used my food processor fit with a dough blade. When the yeast looks like this (after 10 minutes... all bubbly ready for the pizza party) add it to the processor and let it rip for about 2-3 minutes. This way, the blade and the processor is kneading the dough... soooo efficient! Thank you food processor!! After about 2-3 minutes, place the dough on your work space and knead for another minute. Use some flour so the dough doesn't stick! Next, pop the dough in a greased bowl (with olive oil or spray) and let it rise for about an hour. This is what it looked like going in... cover an let it sit in a warm place (I put my dough in the microwave for an hour). And this is what it looked like an hour later! PIZZA TIME!! Half of this dough will make 1 delicious pizza! Roll out or use your hands to flatten the dough. Tonight I added a few tablespoons of crushed tomatoes for the sauce, sprinkled with some garlic powder, salt, pepper.... And then added some mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese! Cook in a HOT oven (450 degrees for 10-12 minutes) and you have PIZZA!! Super simple pizza.... dough, tomato sauce, cheese... pretty easy! And pretty fast. The dough rises for about an hour, but it cooks in about 10 minutes! Homemade pizza... one of our favorite quick tasty dinners!! GO MAKE SOME PIZZA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment