Thursday, October 17, 2013

Chicken and Biscuits!!! Heck Yeah!!

Chicken and biscuits! Not the most exciting of meals... but super comforting, nutritious, and tasty! Tonight's dinner all started with 4 chicken breasts and a 375 degree oven. After drizzling the chicken with olive oil, I sprinkled them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme on both sides, and pooped into the oven for 45 minutes (my breasts were... huge... hence 45 minutes.... and that's the only time I will ever use "huge" and "breasts" in the same sentence...) After I popped the seasoned chicken in, I peeled and chopped a bunch of carrots, sliced them into similar sized sticks, and drizzled with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and thyme (see side-o-carrots)! Then, I simply popped some washed red potatoes in the oven with the chicken and carrots for baked potatoes... so simple, and so delicious! And while all that was cooking away and smelling super delicious... I took 10 minutes to whip these babies up! Some buttermilk biscuits! YUM! I took 2 cups of self rising flour (king arthur), and half a stick of cold butter (1/4 cup) and let my pastry cutter chop away!! Then, I added 3/4 cup of buttermilk, kneaded it a bit, and plopped it onto the counter. I flattened the dough with a glass, just a big ol' glass, and chopped into 8 sections. Boom, done! When everything else was cooked I jacked my oven up to 450 degrees and cooked these biscuits for 10-13 minutes, or until done! Baked chicken and biscuits (boring??? Nah!!)... not bad for a busy working Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment