Sunday, April 7, 2013

Brownie Sundae Celebration!!

Now... to MANY, including me, this isn't actually "cooking"... it's following directions. The only thing I can say for myself, is that we added a twist, a sweet, tasty peanut butter cup twist. I'll admit, I'm on a slippery slope to a semi-homemade cook off with Sandra Lee... and I'm NOT PROUD. All I can say is... these brownies are flippin' awesome. Our favorite dessert is a warm brownie sundae covered in vanilla ice cream with customized toppings! We don't do this often, but Amherst College won the D-3 National Basketball Championship tonight, so, we're CELEBRATING!!! Start with your favorite brownie recipe (or... cue Sandra... box mix) and prepare according to the directions. Now, pour in the pan and add peanut butter cups! That's right,we're turning these brownies into peanut butter cup brownies!!!! I add about 1/4-1/3 peanut butter cups to the top, and then tap them down slightly with the back of a spoon. Mixing them could break them up. Sprinkling them means you see tiny peanut butter cups in your brownies when you're done (and they look like little basketballs)! Next, get the rest of the team ready!! We're talkin' chocolate sauce, vanilla ice cream, and toppings (tonight a few more teeny tiny pb cups)!! Portion your brownies and add to serving dish. Make sure they're warm. If not, zap in microwave for 20 seconds. Now add ice cream, a drizzle of celebratory sauce, and extra pb cups!! Warm peanut butter cup brownie covered with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. Fit for a D-3 basketball champion! Celebrating Coach Hixon's Jeff's tonight with some champion chocolate brownie sundaes!! Parting shot... get your own little champions in the kitchen with you! One of my favorite champions right there, getting messy in the kitchen with me... just the way this Gremlin Mom likes it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment